AFP lauds CPP-NPA’s ceasefire order

The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) appreciated the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Philippines in their declaration of ceasefire as a sign of solidarity with the nation in the Christmas and New Year celebration.

The National Democratic Front (NDF), through their website, declared a 12-day halt in crossfire Tuesday to “all commands and units of the New People’s Army and the people’s militias” beginning December 23, 2015 until 11:59 PM of January 3, 2016.

“During the ceasefire period, all NPA units and people’s militias shall cease and desist from carrying out offensive military operations against the armed units and personnel of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), the Philippine National Police (PNP) and other paramilitary and armed groups attached to the Government of the Republic of the Philippines,” the NDF said in the statement.

Eastern Mindanao Command (EastMinCom) Major General Rey Guerrero said the ceasefire order was a welcome development for them.

Guerrero also urged the Leftist group to descend to the city and celebrate the occasion along with their families and recognize their role in the society.

“Mas mabuti bumaba na sila and spend time with their family at baka while they are with their families, they will be able to rethink their position and realize the fact that they are missing a lot while being there in the mountains fighting a cause that has no relevance in today’s society especially na ang gobyerno natin ay really keen in pushing for the development of our country,” said Guerrero.

(It is better if they go down and spend time with their family and perhaps while they are with their families, they will be able to rethink their position and realize the fact that they are missing a lot while being there in the mountains fighting for a cause that has no relevance in today’s society especially that our government is really keen in pushing for the development of our country.)

He hoped that the CPP-NPA will not breach their own ceasefire declaration.

“We just hope that they will remain true and sincere sa kanilang intent to have a ceasefire kasi baka mamaya, nagsi-ceasefire tapos biglang maglo-launch sila ng mga tactical offensive, papasok sila sa mga communities at gagawa ng hindi kanais-nais dun, so we just hope that they will be true and faithful dun sa kanilang intent,” said Guerrero.

(We just hope that they will remain true and sincere in their intention to have a ceasefire because we might not know they will launch tactical offenses and enter into communities and create mayhem so we just hope that they will be true and faithful in their intention.)

Despite the ceasefire order, he said the military remained to be on heightened alert for the possible threats to the EastMinCom’s areas of responsibilities.

Meanwhile, the military also prepares for the upcoming CPP-NPA anniversary.

According to NDF, the ceasefire order will also “enable the revolutionary forces to carry out mass assemblies and public demonstrations to mark the 47th anniversary of the CPP and celebrate revolutionary victories of the past year.”

Guerrero of the EastMinCom said they had been on heightened alert since October.

Among their preparations were the deployment of combat patrols and peace and security immersions in baranggays.

| Published in 105.9 Balita FM Facebook page: AFP lauds CPP-NPA’s ceasefire order, December 16, 2015

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s